This is the perfect time of year to put on the tea kettle and get ready to settle down for a good old fashioned pumpkin muffin made with simple ingredients. Served warm with butter or cream, these muffins are great to serve and share with friends and family. Enjoy this old fashioned pumpkin muffin recipe!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 ¾ cup pumpkin puree (canned is fine)
- 3 cups white flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ cup vegetable oil
- 16 baking cup liners
- Cooking spray
- Optional: coarse sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line the muffin pan cups with paper liners. If you do not have liners, simply grease the muffin pan cups and the tops of the pan so the muffins come out easily.
- In a large bowl combine your eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin puree and mix very well.
- In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix well.
- Fill the muffin cups a little more than ¾ full, but not over top of the paper liners.
- Optional: Sprinkle a little coarse sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until golden and domed on top.
- Let them cool in the pan for about 5-8 minutes before removing them. If you try to remove them from the pan too soon they may crumble.
You can freeze these muffins for up to three months! Simply individually wrap the muffins so you can enjoy one any time!