If you’re trying to eat a healthier low-carb diet, variety and flavor are probably on your mind. These days keeping meals simple, delicious, healthy AND budget friendly can be a challenge. These chicken meatballs are so easy to make – and easy to freeze for meals ahead! Served alone with fresh vegetables, a salad, or even on a baguette, this is one recipe you’ll enjoy having in your go-to recipe file!
This recipe is low-carb, low-sodium and low-fat. You can substitute turkey instead of the chicken.
Easy Chicken Meatballs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- 1 pound of lean ground chicken
- ¾ fresh bread crumbs (or fine bread crumbs)
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or lightly spray the pan with cooking spray
- Mix breadcrumb and milk together well, and let it stand for approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix egg and spices into the mixture and stir.
- Add in the ground chicken and mix well.
- Roll a small amount of the chicken mixture in your hand to create a meatball. This recipe should make approximately 20-24 meatballs.
- Arrange the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake approximately 10-12minutes. The inside of the meatball should read 165F.