Variety is the spice of life, and these summer kabob recipes are so easy and full of variety, you never have to get bored! They’re easy to make ahead, delicious, low-carb, low-fat, and fun to take to your next barbecue event!
Let’s talk skewers…
We recommend using double skewers to help prevent meat and veggies from spinning when they shrink as they cook. Poke one skewer through one side of the meat or veggie, and then insert a second skewer about ¼” apart from that the first skewer. This will hold everything in place!
If you use bamboo skewers be sure to soak them first to prevent them from burning on the grill. Metal skewers are always terrific and reusable.
Cooking Pro Tip: Remember that kabobs can have almost any ingredients! Mushrooms, onions, beef, chicken, peppers, the list is endless! Always choose foods that will remain somewhat firm after cooking, so they don’t fall apart on the grill. Let your imagination run wild and have fun with your favorite ingredients!
Pesto Chicken Kabobs
If you’re someone who wants things quick and easy, you are going to love this recipe! Using your favorite jarred pesto sauce, you will be able to make something your friends and family will rave about. Hint: use leftover pesto chicken in your favorite pasta salad!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup jarred basil pesto
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Large zip lock bag
- Cut chicken into large 2-3 inch cubes.
- Mix the basil and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken, pesto and juice to the zip lock bag and turn the bag over to mix everything together.
- Let the chicken marinate in the bag, in the fridge, for 6-8hours.
- Remove chicken pieces from the bag and discard the bag of used marinade.
- Thread the chicken on to skewers and grill 15-20minutes, turning often until the chicken pieces are done.
Both of these kabob ideas are so easy and delicious when paired with your favorite salad. We hope you have a happy and healthy summer!