Delightful, refreshing and better yet, you don’t have to have an ice-cream maker. For extra elegance, pour a tablespoon or two of good brandy or sparkling wine in the bottom of the dessert glass and put a scoop of the sherbet on top. Garnish with a sprig of mint! For best consistency we recommend golden delicious or gala apples.
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
2 cups cranberry juice
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Let’s Make Sherbet!
- Place electric mixer beaters and a large bowl in the freezer to chill completely.
- In medium-size saucepan, combine apples and juice. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes or until apples are very soft.
- Uncover and cool to room temperature.
- With a blender puree apple and juice until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 9-inch pan. Cover with plastic and freeze until partially frozen.
- Remove beaters and bowl from freezer. Scrape partially frozen mixture into the chilled bowl and beat on low speed until pieces are broken up, then beat for 30-seconds on high speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Scrape sherbet back into pan to freeze several hours or overnight before serving.
To serve the sherbet use an ice-cream scoop or two large tablespoons to scoop and shape the sherbet into elegant quenelles.