- ¾ cup Whole rolled oats
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ baking soda
- 4 Tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted butter (softened)
- 6 Tbsp Granulated white sugar
- 6 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grind oats into flour.
- Combine Oat flour, whole wheat flour, salt and baking soda into a large mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat butter until creamy and smooth. Add coconut oil, white sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix until smooth. Slowly add in flour mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven and take cookie dough out to thaw for 15 minutes.
- Roll cookie dough into 20 round balls and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Let rest on counter until completely cool, store in an airtight container.